OUR WHALES COME WITH A MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE!
Whale watching is becoming one of the world's great natural experiences, and nowhere is it as enthralling as in the calm waters of Hervey Bay, Queensland.
This rapid growing coastal city has become known as the Whale Watching Capital of the World, an accolade bestowed by experts and the many thousands of visitors who are overwhelmed year after year by the acrobatic displays by the humpback whales - the most surface active of all the great whales.
Every year thousands of humpback whales travel from Antarctica along the east coast of Australia to give birth in the warm waters of Northern Queensland. On their return migration they stop to rest and play and nurture their calves in the safe waters of Hervey Bay in the protected lee of Fraser Island.
It is an amazing experience to watch, from very close quarters - sometimes no further away than arm's length - 40,000kg whales leap out of the out of the ocean, lift their great heads to watch the whale watchers watching them, salute with their flippers, splash their powerful tails as they take a dive and roll over like puppies.
Finally there is the added bonus of the World Heritage Listed Fraser Island on the doorstep so whale watchers can combine the best nature has to offer with a visit to the island, all in the one holiday.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE 2014 SEASON
- 28 Oct 2014: This year's season has whipped by so fast!
28 Sept 2014: When Harry met Harvey! Soccer superstar, Harry Kewell, takes a swim with our Hervey Bay Humpbacks.
- 28 Sept 2014: Our Hervey Bay Humpback kindy features on The Today Show.
- 25 Sept 2014: Our 'Eye' Pods don't have an apple logo on them. Writer Helen Flanagan takes in the best of Fraser Island.
- 20 Sept 2014: Thanks to Wally and Trish from the Oceania Project for this gorgeous share.
- 20 Sept 2014: Calm water whale watching on the lee side of Fraser Island.
- 19 Sept 2014: Thanks to the folks at Australia.com for sharing this synchronised breaching shot in the Great Sandy Strait!
- 19 Sept 2014: We offer up close and personal whale watch experiences!
- 15 Sept 2014: Breaching with Fraser Island in the background! Thanks Australia.com.
- 13 Sept 2014: The gorgeous photo journalist extraordinare, Kara Murphy, visits Kingfisher Bay for a spot of whale watching and an awesome sunset.
- 12 Sept 2014: Ever wondered how to photography humpbacks? Join a Bluedog Photography Retreat and the instructors will show you!
- 05 Sept 2014: Three is never a crowd in our neck of the woods!
- 04 Sept 2014: Now here's something to blog about - you can swim with whales in Hervey Bay!
- 03 Sept 2014: Flying whales by Ashton Berry!
- 27 Aug 2014: One Hump or Two? Writer Lee Mylne heads out with our gentle giants...
- 25 Aug 2014: The talented Tommy Campion has a tale to tell!
- 25 Aug 2014: That's Captain Brian Perry from Quick Cat II on Channel 7's Sunrise.
- 12 Aug 2014: Out and About with Kids' Elisa Elwin checks out our whales.
- 10 Aug 2014: ALL NEW **Now you can swim with the whales in Hervey Bay**
- 03 Aug 2014: Great to see our Humpback holidaymakers checking out the old McKenzies Jetty on the western side of Fraser.
- 30 July 2014: So great to see dugongs frolicking in the Great Sandy Strait. Skipper JR spotted 3 from the wheel house of the Kingfisher barge.
- 30 July 2014: Forget X Factor - these guys have all the right moves when it comes to singing.
- 29 July 2014: Great mother and calf action spotted from the skies above Fraser Island's 75 Mile Beach.
- 28 July 2014: Check out the latest Ranger blog from Kingfisher Bay including **BREAKING NEWS about swimming with whales in Hervey Bay.
- 27 July 2014: Southern Right Whale and calf spotted from the Fraser Island Ferries today.
- 22 July 2014: Close encounters of the Humpback kind of Kingfisher Bay Resort's jetty today.
- 28 June 2014: You don't need a boat to watch whales. Here's what we're seeing from Fraser island's eastern beach.
- 22 June 2014: Migaloo (the white whale) has been spotted off the coast of Sydney and is heading north.
- 27 May 2014: Air Fraser Pilot gets a right royal wave from a passing Humpback.
- 22 May 2014: Check out Kingfisher Bay Resort's latest Ranger blog for the Humpback action in the Great Sandy Strait.
Tag your shots with #whalesherveybay.
- 15 May 2014: They're warming up in Sydney for the main event in Hervey Bay.
Humpbacks have already been spotted breaching off the Kingfisher Bay Resort jetty.
- 20 Feb 2014: Study finds Hervey Bay in south-east Queensland as a pivotal habitat for Humpback whales.
2014 DATES FOR THE DIARY (WATCH THIS SPACE FOR 2015)
- 17 Aug 2014: Illumination Whale Parade.
- 10 Aug 2014: Inaugural Swim With The Humpback Whales experience launches.
- 09 Aug 2014: Blessing Of The Whale Fleet.
- 28 July 2014: Swimming with the humpbacks experiences announced from Hervey Bay / Fraser Island.
- 13 July 2014: Paddle Out For Whales.
- Jul-Nov 2014: The Whale Festival just got a little bigger.