Humpback whales book their holidays in Hervey Bay from August to October.
During this time about a thousand humpbacks spend anywhere from a day or two, to two weeks relaxing and nurturing their calves in the sheltered lee of Fraser Island.
Because the whales are taking time out from their migration they provide some of the best whale watching in the world. As they come in close to the boats they are easily seen in the clear waters of the bay.
Our special Fraser + Whales package gives you two wonders in one; the humpback migration and World Heritage-listed Fraser. PLUS the action's just a short journey north from your base at Kingfisher Bay Resort.
$399 per person / twin share
- 2 nights resort hotel accommodation twin share
- Hot buffet breakfast daily
- Return passenger ferry transfers ex River Heads
- Half-day whale watch cruise (shuttle transfers leave from reception to the jetty head)
- Once onboard, ask the Whale Cruise staff about purchasing an upgrade to a swim with the whales experience (and don't forget to take your swimmers and a towel).
- 3rd NIGHT FREE including breakfast
* Valid 1 Aug 2018 - 30 Oct 2018. Conditions apply.